How to Train a Pomeranian Puppy
Pomeranian puppies are super cute and fluff balls of fun. However they do have a stubborn side and without training they may do whatever they please! Learn how to train a Pomerania puppy so this doesn’t become a problem!
Some things to remember before you start training
- Pomeranians puppies may be small and adorable, but it’s important not to forget that they are still dogs. And without training, they can become hard to control. Therefore, it’s vital that you start training and setting boundaries as soon as you bring your new Pomeranian into your home.
- You need to show your Pomeranian puppy that you are the leader of your family (the pack in dog terms) as soon as they enter your home. This will show your Pomeranian that you are in control. If you don’t establish your leadership position then your Pomeranian may turn into an aggressive, biting, growling dog who thinks they are in charge. They will also be extremely hard to train. Therefore, by establishing your leadership position your Pomeranian will be more likely to listen to you and training will be a lot easier.
Some great Pomeranian training tips
When learning how to train a Pomeranian puppy, the following techniques will come in very handy. They can be used when teaching your Pomeranian puppy basic training techniques such as commands (sit, down, stay), leash training and potty training.
- It’s really important to use praise and affection if you Pomeranian puppy does something correctly. Your puppy will love the attention and will be keen to learn more.
- One of the most valuable things you can be taught when learning how to train a Pomeranian puppy is that repetition is the key! It’s vital you repeat training techniques numerous times until your Pomeranian puppy has a full understanding of what they mean. So remember – repeat, repeat, repeat!
- Your Pomeranian puppy will not be able to concentrate for long periods of time so make sure your training sessions don’t last too long. Try and keep training sessions at a maximum of only fifteen minutes in length.
- Try not to make things too complicated – remember your Pomeranian is only a puppy! Keep things simple and it will make training a whole lot easier!
- Another important training tip to remember when learning how to train your Pomeranian puppy is to never, ever get angry or hit them. This will just make your Pomeranian puppy scared and it will be harder to train them. So stay calm at all times when training your Pomeranian puppy.
- Training your Pomeranian puppy will not happen straight away so it’s important you are patient. Don’t get frustrated if they don’t pick up something straight away. Your Pomeranian will pick up on your impatience and it will take them longer to learn. So be patient, the time you put in training will be well worth it in the end.
As you can see when learning how to train your Pomeranian puppy, it doesn’t have to be hard. But remember, be patient, your Pomeranian is only little and it will take time for them to learn new things. After time, you will have a happy, well-behaved and well-trained Pomeranian puppy!