About the Toy Pomeranian
Toy Pomeranians are amazing dogs and make great pets. Read on to learn all about the toy Pomeranian.
What do toy Pomeranians look like?
Pomeranians are good-looking dogs. Keep reading to learn all about what the toy Pomeranian looks like:
- Pomeranians are classed as toy dogs as they are small in size
- Their head is in proportion with the rest of their body
- A Pomeranians muzzle isn’t very long
- Their eyes are shaped like almonds and are usually dark in color
- Their ears are high on their head and sit straight up
- Pomeranians have two coats – the outside coat is straight and long and their inside coat is soft and short
- A Pomeranians coat comes in lots of different colours and patterns such as white, blue, brown, black, red and tan
What is a toy Pomeranians personality like?
Pomeranians are loyal, protective and friendly dogs. Read on to learn all about their personally traits:
- Although they are small, they are very protective and will often let you know if someone is outside your home
- Pomeranians are incredibly loyal making them a great pet especially for an older person
- They are quite an active dog and are always interested in what’s going on around them
- Pomeranians can be fussy with what they eat
- They are very smart and are quite good at learning tricks
- Pomeranians need rules – if not trained properly, they can try and become the alpha leader of your household – this could make them aggressive so it’s important that you don’t let this happen
- However, if trained correctly your Pomeranian will most likely be well behaved and will not snap at other dogs or people
How big do toy Pomeranians get?
This is a common question that people ask about the toy Pomeranian. Pomeranians are small dogs and don’t grow to a very big size. Their average managements are below:
- A full grown Pomeranian will usually weight between three and seven pounds (one and three kilograms)
- A fully grown Pomeranian will usually grow to a height of between seven and twelve inches (eighteen to thirty centimeters)
How long to toy Pomeranians live?
A Pomeranian dog will usually live on average about fifteen years.
Do toy Pomeranians need lots of exercise?
Although small, toy Pomeranians are active dogs and do need to be exercised daily. There are a number of ways you can exercise your toy Pomeranian:
- By taking your toy Pomeranian for a daily walk
- By going to the dog park
- By going to the beach
- By playing games in the backyard
Are toy Pomeranians healthy dogs?
When learning about the toy Pomeranian, you will learn that there are some health problems you need to be aware of. But this is the same for all dogs and with regular vet check ups you should be able to keep your Pomeranian happy and healthy. Some health problems your toy Pomeranian may get include:
- Problems with their heart
- They are susceptible of getting dislocated knee caps
- Eye infections
- Teeth problems
- Skin problems
If you think your toy Pomeranians has any of these health problems, then it’s important to make a vet appointment straight away.
Where can toy Pomeranians live?
As they are small dogs, toy Pomeranians can live in small areas such as apartments. It’s okay if you don’t have a backyard, but if this is the case, then it’s extra important to exercise your toy Pomeranian daily.
Where do toy Pomeranians come from?
Toy Pomeranians originated in a place called Pomerania, which is also how they got their name. They were originally a lot bigger dogs and were used to herd sheep.
There you have it – some great information all about the toy Pomeranian. As you can see they are an amazing, good-looking, fun and loyal dog and will make a great fit in any family!